T E R M S & C O N D I T I O N S
1) The quote shall remain valid for acceptance for a period of 14 days and must be accepted by The Client in its entirety.
2) Any variation to the Services stated must be agreed in writing.
3) The Client will confirm the booking by transferring the requested initial payment amount and informing us of this transfer via email. By doing so, The Client accepts these Terms & Conditions in full. The Client will settle the balance payment within one business day after the performance unless otherwise agreed in writing.
4) We reserve the right to charge a £100 late payment fee if the balance payment is over 1 week late. After which, interest will be charged at a rate of 8% per annum above the Bank Of England base rate. Reasonable expenses incurred in obtaining payment from The Client where any payment due is late may also be charged.
5) In the event that The Client cancels an Engagement they will be liable to pay cancellation charges as follows:
i) Cancellation over 90 days prior to the Event Date: No Fee
ii) Cancellation made 60-89 days prior to the Event Date: 25% of Total Invoice
iii) Cancellation made 30-59 days prior to the Event Date: 50% of Total Invoice
iv) Cancellation made less than 30 days prior to the Event Date: 100% of Total Invoice
6) If the venue provided by The Client is unable to accommodate the Acts(s) and the Act(s) is/are unable to perform for this reason The Client will be liable for cancellation charges as outlined above.
7) The Client shall provide a suitable performance area for the Act(s) and ensure there is an adequate power supply which meets industry standards if electrical equipment is to be used as part of the performance. If playing outside, adequate cover from the rain & sun must be provided by the client.
8) The Client agrees that if any Act is threatened, abused verbally or physically by anyone present at the performance then the Act will be entitled not to perform, without penalty. All Fees will remain payable by The Client.
9) The Client must hold adequate insurance policies in respect of any Engagement.
10) Any changes to the performance schedule will be subject to these Terms and Conditions.
11) If changes are required to the performance schedule on the day of the event these changes should be discussed with Music Students for Hire where possible, otherwise agreement should be reached between the Client and the Act(s).
12) In the event that any Act is unable to complete a performance due to a delay in the start of the performance schedule, where such delay is no fault of the Act, the Client shall remain liable to pay the full Fee due.
13) Should the Act(s) be required by the Client to extend the length of the performance, a further fee may be charged as agreed between the parties. If agreement can’t be reached (i.e. due to an overrunning wedding ceremony), the musicians will use their discretion and a pro-rata fee will be applied for the added time.
14) An Act is not obligated to finish any performance later than the pre-agreed booking time due to the Clients actions or to extend the length of any performance.
15) These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and the parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.